I’m a Texas girl and…
I love fried chicken. While I am not a huge fan of beer, it perfectly complements chicken. Here is a very simple recipe for Blue Moon marinated fried chicken (I used the seasonal Harvest Pumpkin Ale… sooooooo good!)
First off, you’ll want to prepare this about 4-6 hour before you fry the chicken. Gotta give that chicken enough time to soak up the beer.
1) Combine dijon mustard, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, rosemary and one bottle of Blue Moon into a medium sized bowl (I don’t give exact measurements because I like experimenting!). Place two chicken breasts in the marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours (or more!)
2) Beat an egg in one bowl and pour flour in another bowl. Pour some of the beer marinade into the bowl with the egg.
3) Heat olive oil in pan on stove.
4) Dip the chicken into the egg, making sure all sides are covered with egg.
5) Dip egg covered chicken into bowl with flour. Cover the chicken on all sides with flour.
6) Place flour covered chicken in the pan when the oil is hot. Fry for about 20 minutes on medium low, turning chicken over every 5 minutes or so.
7) Serve with a vegetable side or a baked potato and enjoy!