After the cost of the flight, food and entertainment, Spring Break can cost a fortune. Most students do not consider many resources that can drastically reduce vacation costs. New York City gives students countless inexpensive options, but most are clueless about the deals! Save time and money with these city secrets.
With some careful planning, you will save money and get the most out of your vacation. Here are some travel tips:
- Book your flight well in advance to get the lowest rate. Why spend more on a flight when you can book it for less?
- Research local hostels, especially those that cater to students. The prices will be drastically lower than hotels and let’s face it – with your busy vacation plans, how much time will you spend in the room anyway?
- Strategically plan meals so that you do not spend unnecessary money. While it is important to explore the local cuisine, you can save money on the less important meals by stopping by the local grocery store to purchase snacks and breakfast food.
- Take advantage of student discounts on entertainment such as theatre performances, festivals and museums. For example, most theatres in New York City offer student rush tickets at an extremely low price and museum admission is half off.
New York City has so much to offer that is either inexpensive or won’t cost you a penny! Check out these destinations and activities:
- Stroll/bike/ride through Central Park
- Broadway shows (cheap student rush tickets)
- Shop in SoHo
- Experience an improv show at the Upright Citizen’s Brigade Comedy Theatre (free!)
- Score tickets to a daytime talk show
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
- Purchase daily Groupon deals for discounted food