This chicken is easy to make and tastes like Heaven.
I found this recipe on Pinterest but altered a few ingredients based on what was available to me at the time. I have no measurements, just instructions. And to be honest, with this recipe, measurements do not matter.
What you’ll need:
chicken breasts (2)
1/4 of an onion
2-3 slices pre-cooked bacon
salt & pepper
1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls (1 tube can cover two chicken breasts)
Now here’s now you assemble this thing!
(preheat oven to 400 degrees)
1. Wash and cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Microwave pre-cooked bacon (normally for around 20 seconds) then chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Chop 1/4 onion.
3. Mix together the cream cheese, onions, chopped asparagus, chopped bacon and salt & pepper.
4. Wash chicken. Place on cutting board and take a big fat knife and poke holes all throughout the chicken. Beat it like Chris Brown. It will be super tender this way.
5. Then, at the thickest part of the chicken, cut a slit and fill it with the cream cheese stuffing.
6. Lay out the Pillsbury crescent rolls in one sheet – do not break them apart – on a cookie sheet.
7. There will be a slit that separates the crescent roll sheet in half. Each half holds one chicken breast. Place one of the chicken breasts slit w/ stuffing side down and pull the extra dough over and pinch together to completely cover the chicken. Repeat for the second chicken breast.
8. Turn the wrapped chicken breast over so that the non pinched together dough is facing up. Beat an egg and brush it over the top.
9. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.